Recruitment & Induction
- Recruiting/Inducting the right candidate:
- Your skill requirement is “non-negotiable”. We will match the candidate to your criteria. Candidate must also meet the following strict criteria;
Meticulous Recruitment Process
(Phase 1) – Candidates are assessed on
- Entry Level Form Completion
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Aptitude Evaluation
- Detailed Skills testing software
- Behavioral testing software
- Level Of Understanding
- Attitude towards supervision
- Comprehensive Reference Checks
(Phase 2) – checks, induction, training & development
- NCHC National Criminal History Checks performed in house (BCR is a registered Crim Trac service administrator)
- ASIC Clearances (If Required to enter Customs Controlled Areas)
- Medical Fitness Assessments
- Complete Drug & Alcohol Testing as per AS4308
- Blue Collar General Induction
- Client specific induction
- Blue Collar Preliminary Safety Induction
- Manual Handling Awareness Training
- EEO & Anti-Harassment Training
- Dangerous Goods Awareness (if required)
- Codes of Conduct
- Other customized courses tailored to client requirements e.g. HACCP, customer service skills, hospitality related courses etc.
- As required to conduct on-site inductions and orientation days
- Monitoring of new casuals
- Performance Assessment Programs
- Ongoing training and development for Blue Collar casuals
- Competency based training & assessment programs
- Candidates are kept informed of their application progress to reduce applicant drop-out rate and the results are, once they have met the Sourcing, Interview, Reference Checks and Skills testing criteria they progress to
- A NCHC Cleared Candidate Pool where a portfolio pertaining to their skills and achievements is developed and made available to the client representative for selection.
- Candidate Pool Management is monitored by a dedicated Blue Collar Customer Relations Manager who is responsible for ensuring all selected candidates undergo the pre-deployment training program and are signed off as competent.
- The CRM engages the Blue Collar OHS team who signs off on OH&S Induction & Management awareness and Injury & Return to Work Management procedures.
- Successful candidates are engaged at client site where the CRM liases with the clients management team collating information which is utilized for another BCR “non-negotiable” known as the Continuous Training & Development program.
- The CRM is trained and instructed to continuously carry out Performance Reviews and Management, a key indicator in improving productivity and reducing the risk of human error due to complacency.
Blue Collar Recruitment are able to offer you a large range of competency based courses which covers every aspect of your business. All our courses are certified and registered which makes them recognised Australia wide.
Being involved in the airline industry for quite a few years has given Blue Collar the cutting edge in relation to airport operations, government/CASA requirements, IATA regulations and security regulations and laws.
Our training division has qualified TAA trainers and facilitators on a national scale. Our people are qualified to analyse and understand human behaviour where the information they gather becomes a critical component when profiling the most suitable human for our clients.
Our people have a thorough understanding of the DOTARS air regulations and the importance of Triple A. We have the capability to design courses to meet your requirements in relation AAA, CBS, compolsary and regulatory training.